Tuesday 7 March 2017

Crown Brushes*: Are They Worth the Hype?


Hey guys,

So I am back with a review of some make up brushes that I have heard A LOT of good things about. Crown Brushes* are brushes that I have seen a lot of bloggers rave about, and I was so excited to try them out. So, did they live up to the hype?

Okay, so let's start with the eyeshadow brushes. First, we have the Duo Fibre Crease brush. I do like this brush, it does the job, yet I have brushes that I prefer to use for my crease. For example, I don't find this brush to be particularly soft, and I struggle to get enough product on the brush with just one dab in the eyeshadow (is dab the right word?)

Okay, so this next brush is not an eyeshadow brush, but I use it for the eyes as it is great for I love the Tapered Concealer Brush, it is perfect for putting concealer on the lid to get a precise cut crease, and is great for defining your brows. This is because it's quite flat, but is really soft and flexible enough to get a precise line.

The Chisel Blender Brush is honestly a godsend. I love it, it's perfect for blending the shadow under your lower lash line, and is great for creating that smoky-eye look. It's super soft and blends the product so well, and you only need a minimal amount of product on the brush - I love love love it!




The Round Contour Brush is perfect for placing product precisely in the crease, as it is small and soft, but reasonably dense (again, is that the word? Maybe firm? I don't know, I find it hard to describe things). After using this, I then go in with a blending brush of some description, but it's great for placing the shadow initially in the crease.

The Smokey Eye Liner Brush and the Bent Liner Brush are brushes that I have used the least, yet when I tried the Smokey Eye Liner Brush, I loved it! It blended my eyeliner so easily, and it's easy to use without product going everywhere or going too far up the eyelid (I have had issues with previous eye liner brushes, but I think this was my error). So yeah, I love this brush, yet haven't had the chance to use it as much as I'd have liked as I normally go for a look that needs a precise line. The Bent Liner Brush is one that I haven't actually used, as I don't use gel liner, but I have tested it on the soft scale, and it is very soft. So therefore, it seems that it would be delicate on the eye (this is normally used to apply eye liner to the water line), but I cannot say for sure.




So lastly we have the face brushes. Right, firstly, these brushes are soooo soft. I mean, I definitely didn't sit there for 5 minutes just stroking my hand with it. (I'm weird I know, but they were so soft!)

The Duo Fibre Blender Brush is a good brush for applying product, and I feel is a great stippling brush. However, I am not a fan of stippling brushes, as I feel that they don't blend product into my skin as well as a Beauty Blender, but as far as stippling brushes go, it's good. I feel like it's just me to be honest. Me and my awkward skin.

The Dome Blender Brush is my favourite of the face brushes, and I use it to make my contour a bit more defined in the hollows of my cheeks and to blend it out to avoid harsh lines. I absolutely love this brush, it blends product so well and have I mentioned how soft it is??

The Contour Blush Brush is also fab, and I use this for blush (obv), but have also used it for highlight, as it doesn't add too much product but adds the perfect glow.




So overall, I would say they are most definitely worth the hype! Apart from the odd one that I wasn't a huge fan of due to personal preference, the brushes are great quality, super soft and are most definitely a great new addition to my make up bag.

I would like to thank Crown Brushes for sending me this set, and I can't wait to create more make-up looks with these amazing brushes.

What products have you been loving recently?

Much love,

Grace x


*I was kindly sent these products in return for a review. All opinions are my own.

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for your review. I've been looking for some new brushes. What's your fave foundation brush?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! In all honesty, I use a beauty blender for my foundation, but I used to love the Real Techniques Face Brush :) x

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished