Saturday 17 December 2016

The Body Shop Blogger Event | Blogmas



Hey guys,

So if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram (and if you aren't, then you should be! I joke, but you can follow me on Twitter here and Instagram here), then you will know that I went to a blogging event yesterday at The Body Shop!

I have always loved The Body Shop, as it was one of the first places that I visited for beauty type things, as I loved the lip glosses and body butters when I was younger!

At the event, we were shown all of their new products, including the Christmas range (which smells AMAZING!) and their new make up products.






From apple, to berry, to vanilla chai, the Christmas range is all that you need to feel super festive this season! My absolute favourite was the 'Spiced Apple' range, which literally smelt like apples. The products that they have in each range is great too, with body butters (a Body Shop classic), body washes, shimmer sprays, and even candles! I must say, the Spiced Apple candle was honestly so lovely, and I feel that this scent can be used all year round, as it is such a fresh scent!

However, my favourite range had to be the Spa range. These luxurious products are perfect for a gift for that someone who loves a good pampering, or for just yourself when you want to relax!



I was very kindly given a hand massage, and the lovely woman used a product that she recommended for me due to my dry skin type; this product was the 'Hawaiian Kukui Cream'.




Described as a 'mascarpone-like' texture, this wonder cream is perfect for those who suffer with eczema or dry skin. Even though it is of a thick consistency, it soaks into the skin well, and leaves your skin feeling hydrated and smelling lovely!




Another product that was used was the 'Japanese Camellia Cream', which smelt amazing! Honestly, it was as if you had just stepped out of a spa (which was probably the idea), and the scent is so relaxing. It was described as 'smooth and velvety'.




For all you bath lovers, the 'Egyptian Milk and Honey Relaxing Powder' is perfect, as it so nourishing for your skin and literally makes you go 'ahhhhh'. I would have taken a picture of what it looks like outside of the bag, but the plastic bag inside was open and I didn't want the product to go everywhere, which would have happened, because I am the clumsiest person with the worst luck.




I also had an amble around the 'Oils of Life' range. This range is one of the pricier ones within The Body Shop, but its easy to see why. The packaging in itself is very sophisticated, and very eye-catching, and the product just oozes luxury. I was very lucky to get a sample of the 'Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Sleeping Cream', so am looking forward to trying it out for myself!




As someone who colours their hair, I am always on the look out for hair products that will add moisture to my hair and revitalise it. Therefore, I had to check out the Argan Oil range, as I have heard great things about using argan oil on your hair.

Here, we have the 'Radiant Oil for Body and Hair' and the 'Miracle Solid Oil for Body and Hair', and this range, as always, smells pretty damn amazing!




As I do suffer from eczema, I asked about what skin products would benefit my skin. I was immediately taken to the 'Aloe Soothing Gel', which is good for applying to dry patches and around the eyes. I mean, anything with aloe vera in is going to be fab for you, but I tried this on my hand and was surprised at how soothing and hydrating it felt. This may be something that I may purchase after Christmas, as I do tend to get dry patches around my face during the winter, and I feel that this would really benefit me during this time.




I was also shown this the Vitamin C range, which included a 'Glow Boosting Microdermabrasion' and 'Skin Reviving Instant Smoother'. I was initially recommended the 'Glow Boosting Microdermabrasion', as this is supposed to be a perfect scrub for those with dry skin. The exfoliating particles are very fine and are very gentle on the skin, which differs to a normal scrub that you may find on the high-street.

As someone who rarely uses scrubs, due to them being too abrasive on my skin, this is something that has intrigued me, so may have to give this a cheeky try.




The make-up that they offer at The Body Shop is all cruelty-free, however, I have only tried the odd product. Their new range is something that I love though, with an introduction of their matte lipsticks. These are in a range of colours, and are so pretty and pigmented!




They have also introduced a new eyeshadow range, all aimed at the party season! There is a range of golds to smoky eyes, and the shades are truly stunning.






They very lovely people over at The Body Shop also very kindly gave us goodie bags with lots of samples in, and a full-size body wash of our choice! I picked the Spiced Apple, as it is just such a lovely scent!

There were also Celebrations, which is just great, because who can say no to chocolate??





I am going to write up a post about the products in the goodie bag, and also a couple of extras that I picked up too, as they were doing a great deal of 40% off, so I couldn't resist!

Thank you so much to The Body Shop for having me, and thank you for showing me all of your amazing products!

Much love, and hope to see you all again soon,

Grace x


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished