Monday 5 December 2016

Too Faced Grand Hotel Cafe Review & Swatches | Blogmas




Hey guys,

So today's post is going all about this beautiful Christmas set - Christmas in New York by Too Faced.

The set includes 3 palettes - Eggnog Latte, Gingerbread Cookie, and Peppermint Mocha - with shades ranging from mattes to shimmers. Each palette also includes a blush or a bronzer, which are such beautiful shades. Oh, and did I mention that the palettes are scented?! Yes you read that right, each one has a different Christmas scent, and they just smell amazing. I mean, who doesn't want their eye lids to smell of Christmas?

Inside the set, there also featured a Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, but honestly, mine seemed to have dried out and was really clumpy, so wasn't a huge fan of that. However, I love the rest of the set!

First up, we have the Peppermint Mocha palette. This palette is predominantly filled with pink shades, with the odd brown/gold tone. And, as you have probably guessed, it smells like minty chocolate, and it is goooood. I have also provided swatches of each of the palettes.



































Next up, we have the Gingerbread Cookie palette (which is gingerbread scented!!) This palette is much darker than the Peppermint Mocha, so I would recommend this for maybe a more daring day look/a night look. I love the shades Winter Dream for a subtle pretty pink sparkle and Black Coffee is perfect for putting on your lower lash line, as it blends really well and isn't too dark when blended out.





Last, but not least, we have the Eggnog Latte palette. This smells more like chocolate than eggnog in my opinion, but you get the hint of cinnamon in there too. I feel that this is my favourite palette for a wintry eye, as Cold Brew, Iced Coffee and Eggnog Latte are such beautiful shimmers, and add a bit of extra glam to that smoky, nude eye look. They are also easily buildable, so you can also use these shades for a subtle eye look (get your blending brushes at the ready!). I haven't tried Central Park yet, but I think it is such a pretty teal colour, so I may be daring and try it for a night out...





I have also swatched the blushers/bronzer below, as I wanted to talk about them separately. I feel that they are beautiful shades, but I feel like Santa Baby is too vibrant and matte for my skin tone. However, I feel like Peach Cobbler could be used as a subtle, but pretty, blush shade, as it's not as bright as Santa Baby and has a hint of shimmer. Gingerbread is also super pretty, it's just quite shimmery, so I would probably use this more for a night time look to give more of a bronzed glow.




So, that was my review on this amazing set from Too Faced! I actually bought this from Debenhams back in October (I literally fell in love with it straight away), but saved it until now to show you, as, as much as I love Christmas, I couldn't bring myself to post about Christmas sets that early in the year! I hope you have enjoyed, and I'll see you tomorrow for Blogmas Day 6!

What is your favourite Christmas palette?

Much love,

Grace x



6 comments :

  1. I've wanted this gorgeous set since it was released and now I want it even more! Such a good detailed review hoping I get it for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful palette! Thank you so much :) x

      Delete
  2. I think my favourite out of your swatches have to be Eggnog Latte and Sprinkles but they are all gorgeous colours. Might have to poke my partner in the right directions (ie link your blog to him hehe)

    Symph x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I love those too, such pretty shimmer shades! Haha, it is a fab palette, I'd definitely recommend it! X

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the packaging, it's so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so pretty😍 Thank you for reading, and it was lovely to meet you at the Body Shop event! X

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished