Tuesday 1 March 2016

London, baby! (Part 2)

Okay, so I may have gone to London again...

To be fair, this trip was planned well in advance, so it's kind of acceptable that I went there twice in 2 weeks. Kind of. Anyway, I thought that I would share my travels round London with you lovely lot again, as I actually really enjoy writing these kind of posts.

Day 1

This time I visited London with my boyfriend, as he hadn't really been before. Unfortunately, as we both go to the University of Birmingham, we had to get up at a ridiculous hour to actually get to London to spend the full day there. I do love a good 7am start...not. It was fair to say that we were pretty shattered, so spent the majority of the morning trying not to fall asleep in the middle of Oxford Street. However, we were quickly awakened by the fact that we were surrounded by one of the best shopping destinations in the world, so went straight to spending our student loan on things that we didn't need. Oops.

So first stop was Topshop (I had to, it is the biggest in the world), and I will be shortly uploading what I bought along with the last London trip's purchases. When I came out, I saw the Lush sign, and immediately dragged Alex to it. Lush is honestly one of my favourite shops, I love the colours, the smell and just basically everything about it.



Obviously, as I was in Lush, I had to check out the limited edition products that are only available in the Oxford Street store.

Oxford Street soap

Look at how cool this is?! The Candy Floss Showder is something I had never even heard of before, but I think it's a really cool concept. You just pour out a bit when in the shower and then it turns to suds when wet, so is basically like washing powder for the shower. Very cool. I wonder who thinks of all the new ideas for Lush's products, as that would be the best job ever. Job goals.

Candy Floss Showder

From there, we ambled into a couple of other shops and bought a few things. We also came across this amazing Godiva shop, which had a chocolate fountain in the window. I really wanted to go in, but resisted, as I couldn't justify spending about £10 on strawberries and chocolate. It's a cool window display nonetheless. Window goals.



Our next stop was Carnaby Street, where we saw places such as Liberty, and I'm going to be honest, it's a pretty impressive department store.



After that, we went to Jamie's Italian for food (again, I know, but it was just too good! Plus, we got a 3 course for £20, which was a really good deal, especially for us students.)

Day 2

On the second day, we got the tube to South Kensington, as we decided to go to the museums for the day. We first went to the Science Museum, which was really good. I love how interactive the exhibits are; as someone who personally could not stand science at school, I love the science museum, and would recommend it to all. However, on that specific day, the IMAX was closed (sadly), but they have a various amount of other attractions, so we picked to go on the Red Arrows experience, and we both loved it.

After this, we decided to venture to the V&A, and I dragged Alex round the fashion bit. (He wasn't happy). Personally, I loved looking at how much fashion has changed over time, and was in awe at how beautiful some of the outfits were.


The view of the V&A from the Science Museum


Lastly, we visited the Natural History. We actually aimed to visit here first, but the queue was so big, we decided to visit elsewhere before. After we finally got in, our first venture was food, as wandering round London is tiresome (not really, we just love food), so got some food at the cafe. We then went round the exhibitions, and I even got to see a sloth (I love sloths so much). Honestly, if I was an animal, I would definitely be a sloth.

The architecture is amazing in the Natural History Museum


After visiting the museums for the majority of the day, we decided to visit Harrods, as we thought we may as well as we were in the area. Plus, Harrods is pretty cool. The sheer size of the shop is insane, and I love looking at all the clothes that I can't afford. To be fair, the displays are pretty cool too, so I thought I'd insert a couple of pictures of the inside of Harrods to show you guys.

Harrods

Up close and personal
Food section of Harrods
 Window display in Harrods

I also obviously had to get a picture in the Disney shop that's situated in Harrods, as I love Disney! But, let's be honest, who doesn't?

Love a bit of Disney

So there you go, that was my weekend in London, part 2! I had a really amazing time, even though I am seriously sleep deprived, and really want to visit again to explore more of the city. Hope you enjoyed reading, and I'll see you all again soon!

Much love,

Grace x

P.s. A haul of everything I bought will be up shortly, so keep a look out for it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished