Monday 18 July 2016

A Little Update



Hey guys,

So I have never written one of these posts before, but thought that it may be interesting to do. So therefore, I thought that I would just update you on what has been happening recently.

  1.  I finished my first year of university - As a fresher, I know that I only had to pass the year, as first year doesn't count (this is a fact that I held onto whilst stressing at 3am trying to write an essay for the next morning). However, this still does not take away from the fact that it was still super stressful, and the work load wasn't a massive pressure. As someone who started the year studying psychology and ending the year studying English language, this year has been a roller-coaster of events and emotions. However, I have made friends for life, and am so looking forward to next year. Plus, I ended the year with a 2:1, which I was pretty proud of considering how tough it has been adjusting to a different course and catching up with assignments.
  2. I have been with my boyfriend for four and a half years - That is a bloody long time for someone my age. Very surprised that he hasn't got sick of me yet (although he would probably argue otherwise). I'm just very lucky to be in a relationship with my best friend.
  3. I'm visiting one of the places in the world that I have always wanted to visit - California. Ever since a young age, places such as San Francisco and LA have always fascinated me, as I have always wanted to take a stroll along the Walk of Fame and visit famous sites, such as Alcatraz and The Golden Gate bridge. Therefore, the fact that I am lucky enough to visit both these places this summer is something that I am very thankful for.
  4. I have to have another operation - So, here's a fact that you may not know about me - I have extra bone in my little toe. Even though this is kinda cool, it's bloody painful. By the way, you can't see it (I get asked this a lot), as everyone is so fascinated and envisions that I have a massive bump sticking out of my foot. Fortunately, this is not the case, and due to this it took doctors a long time to figure out what it was. Another interesting (debatable) fact in regards to this is that this meant that I was the case of the month, and about 20 doctors came in and examined my toe whilst I sat there awkwardly with my foot in the air. Fun times. But yeah, had an operation in 2013 to remove it, and was told there was a 10% chance of it growing back. But as it's me, I was in that 10% and it grew back, so yeah, I have a starfish toe.
  5. I have a new cousin - I mentioned this is my Liebster Award, but in May, the latest addition to our family was born; a very beautiful baby girl named Sophia Jane. It was so lovely to welcome her to the family.
So there you go, that's what has been happening in my life lately. I am so happy and positive recently, and it's fab. There have been some points in this past year that have been quite difficult, yet perseverance, resilience and a good old vent/cry have gotten me through it, along with the support of my amazing family and friends. I am currently loving summer, and hope that the rest of it will be just as good, and I look forward to all the memories that I am going to make. I will also try and keep up posting on my blog more regularly, as university assignments/exams are no longer taking up my time, yay!

What are you looking forward to this summer, and what are your favourite things that have happened/are going to happen this year?

Much love amigos,

Grace x

P.S. Make sure to follow me on my social media - Twitter | Instagram

8 comments :

  1. Congrats on your finishing first year chick! I also just finished first year, such a crazy amazing ride, well done! Also youre going to have some much fun in Cali, omg?!

    Dana
    www.fashiondew.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, you too!! What do you study? And oh my goodness, I can't wait, I'm so looking forward to it!😄 Thank you! X

      Delete
  2. Aww I liked this type of post it was an interesting read! Well done on finishing your first year at uni I've just finished mine also! Good feelin isn't it! :) xx
    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Well done to you too, and it most definitely is haha! X

      Delete
  3. Huge congrats on completing your first year with a 2:1 thats amazing lovely!! I have just finished my degree and am loving the summer break :) Have an amazing holiday in California xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! Congratulations for finishing uni! :) and thank you, I'm really looking forward to it! X

      Delete
  4. I love these life update style posts <3 Its human nature to be nosy about other people's lives right? So jealous that you're getting to visit California, I hope you have the BEST time and that its all you dreamed it would be. Love your blog, keep up the great work :) Jess xx

    www.almostchic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, and yes, I'm so nosey, I love reading posts like this too! Thank you so much, and thank you for leaving such a lovely comment! X

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished