Thursday 14 July 2016

'Shoes: Pleasure and Pain' Exhibition at The Bowes Museum


Hey guys, 

So recently I took a trip to The Bowes Museum, and I loved it! I know museums may not be your thing, as they aren't normally the top of my list for a great day out! Although, I do love a good old trip to Jorvik (it's in York, if you haven't been, then go, it's got a ride and everything!)

However, I had heard great things about The Bowes Musuem, as last year they had an exhibition all about Yves Saint Laurent. Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to go last year, but when my mum asked if I wanted to go to the shoe exhibition, I jumped at the chance! The history of fashion is something that has always fascinated me, so I was eager to go!

The exhibition looks at shoes through history, and features shoes that were worn by the likes of Naomi Campbell (yes, they have the Vivienne Westwood pair that she famously tripped over in whilst on the catwalk), Kylie Minogue and even David Beckham. And for all you history lovers, there is footwear featured that dates back to Ancient Egyptian times! For all you who love shoes, this is definitely the place to visit! Plus, it's the only place that this exhibition is being held outside of London (the other place is the Victoria & Albert museum), which is fab that such a little town such as Barnard Castle has that opportunity! However, I'm not surprised that The Bowes Museum was granted this opportunity, as it is such a beautiful and prestigious place. Another reason why I am so lucky to live where I do!


Such a beautiful building

View from the entrance

View from the second floor window

Unfortunately, no photography was permitted in the exhibition, but I took some pictures of the museum and its surroundings to show you all how beautiful it is!

We also took a trip to the cafe, and if you follow me on Instagram, you will know that I ordered a hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream and a red velvet cake. Going to be honest, it was bloody lovely! (Plus, if you don't follow me on Instagram, you can follow me here!)


So there you go, that was my trip to the Shoes: Pleasure and Pain exhibition at The Bowes Museum! The exhibition runs until October 11th, and is a must see for all you fashion lovers in the north! If you want more information about the exhibition or The Bowes Museum, then you can click here.  I hope you enjoyed reading and I'd love to know your favourite places to visit!

Much love,

Grace x


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished