Friday 15 July 2016

My Current Favourite Trend: Liquid Make-Up Products


Hey guys,

If you are a blogger, you will know that liquid make up products, such as liquid highlighters and liquid lipsticks, are very popular at the moment. So, due to reading a lot of reviews and blog posts about these products, I thought that I would give them a go!

And okay guys, I now understand the hype. I am absolutely loving these types of products! Therefore, I thought that I would share my favourite liquid make up products with you guys, kind of like a mini favourites post!

My first purchase of this type was a NYX soft matte lip cream, which is like a liquid lipstick. Honestly, it has the creamiest formula, and I love it. Normally, I find liquid lipsticks to be quite drying, but these just apply so smoothly and last for ages! I am currently loving the shade Istanbul, as I feel that it is the perfect shade for summer, as it gives a hint of pink to an everyday make up look! I have also heard a lot of great things about Stockholm, yet am yet to purchase this shade. It is definitely next on my list though!








My next purchase was the NYX Born to Glow liquid highlighter, as I had heard good things about it. At first I wasn't quite sure of how to use it; there was the obvious use of it as a highlighter, but I had heard that its use underneath foundation gave you more of a dewy look. Therefore, I have tried it as a foundation base, but didn't really see much of a difference. However, I love it as a highlighter and frequently use it on my cheekbones and cupid's bow, as I feel it looks more natural than a powder highlighter, although I still do love a powder highlighter, don't you worry! I got this in the shade 'Sunbeam', which is a pale pink shimmery shade, which I feel compliments my skin tone quite well.





Okay guys, so this was a little bit of a treat. I never spend a lot on make up its fair to say, yet this was a bit of a splurge.

I was in York, and realised that they had a Space NK. I have never visited a Space NK before, but had heard a lot about about it. Therefore, I thought that I would just nip in for a minute just to see what all the fuss was about. Well, £26 later, and here we are...

So I bought the Nars Laguna liquid bronzer. I know, that as a student, I really shouldn't have, but it was just so pretty! At first, I just thought that this would be like a normal bronzer, so didn't really understand what all the fuss was about. However, I was intrigued, so asked the sales assistant about the ways in which you could use it, and she demonstrated it on my face. I knew there was the obvious was of giving yourself a bit of a glow or using it for contouring, yet she said that you could use it all over you face, as in either mix it with your foundation or blend it over your base. This concept terrified me, as someone who is as white as a sheet (damn you pale skin), I thought that it would make me look ridiculous.

However, after the sales assistant had blended it over my foundation, I was astounded to find that it actually looked natural! Me, the palest person ever, looked like she had a natural tan on her face! Even my boyfriend was impressed, and he is normally not very responsive when I ask for his opinion on make up! So I umm-ed and ahh-ed for about 2 minutes before I decided to take the plunge and buy it. But I did, and here we are. I have worn it for a night out and people thought I was naturally that tanned (Nars, I love you), and I honestly love it. It is on the pricey side, but I'm glad that I bought it!





So there we have it, my favourite make up products at the moment! What products are you loving at the moment? Are you loving the liquid make up trend or not? Let me know in the comments!

I hoped you enjoyed reading and I hope to see you all again soon.

Much love, 

Grace x








8 comments :

  1. Great post! I do love a liquid highlighter especially when they give a great glow 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and me too, I find that they seem to give more of a natural glow than powder highlighters do☺️

      Delete
  2. Oooh I'm loving the nyx lip cream you have got. I haven't tried that one but I've just purchased my first nyx liquid suede lip cream in shade sandstorm and it's fantastic! I agree with them lasting a long time! Much longer than a lipstick id say. And I think they are pretty light on the lips too like I forgot it was there! Loved this beauty post!
    Natasha xx

    Love-laughter-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo thank you, I'll be sure to look out for it, I've heard great things about the liquid suede range! Thank you so much lovely💕

      Delete
  3. NYX Soft matte lip creams are my favourite formulas ever! Also that NYX Highlighter looks incredible, I'm all about that dewy looking skin at the moment. I've never actually tried a liquid bronzer before, the concept of it fascinates me and now I may have to make a bit of a purchase haha! Great post 😌
    Charlotte xx

    http://fadingtulips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The highlighter is beautiful if you love a dewy look, as it's so subtle but so pretty! I'd definitely recommend them, I feel that they blend easier than powder bronzers! Thank you so much lovely💕 X

      Delete
  4. I just love the NYX lip creams, my favourite is Prague, it's such a vibrant pink. I'd also love to try the NARS foundation!


    Beth xx | MissCosmeticBlogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I'll look out for Prague, thank you! And Nars Sheer Glow is such an amazing foundation, I'd definitely recommend it!

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished